Application Now Closed
Notification of Admissions Decision
Admissions is competitive. SUMaC students are selected based on their grades in math courses, their teacher recommendation, their reasons for wanting to come to SUMaC as expressed on the SUMaC application, their performance on standardized math exams and math contests, and their performance on the SUMaC admission exam. The admission exam is a collection of challenging math problems for applicants to work on at home over an extended period before the application deadline. Using the factors described above to determine the best fit, the admissions committee will place each admitted student in either the Program I course or Program II course.
2. Review Application Checklist
In addition to the online application form, a complete application includes:
- Academic Records
- We require unofficial transcripts for each school or academic program you took graded courses at from Fall 2019 through Fall 2021. If you have multiple grade reports from one school, rather than one transcript from that school, please combine that into a single file for upload. Homeschooled applicants should submit a document similar to a transcript with their coursework from the years listed above. Homeschooled students should also submit transcripts from any graded courses they took with a school or program during this period.
- Teacher Recommendation(s)
- We require one online recommendation form from a math teacher.
- Optional Video Essay
- This video essay is an opportunity to share more about yourself. You can consider it a conversation between you and our Admissions Committee, or you may also choose to tell us something you haven't mentioned elsewhere in the application. If you attend a school in which the primary language of instruction is a language other than English, we strongly encourage you to complete the video essay.
- $65 Application Fee
- You may submit the $65 application fee online using a credit card. Please see instructions for payment at the end of the Online Application.
3. Check Your Application Status
Return to the Application Status and Materials Checklist page to make sure all of your application materials have been submitted. When your admissions decision is ready, you will receive an email notification that prompts you to log in to this page for the decision.
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion
At Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies, we promote an inclusive learning environment for students from around the world. We believe that fostering a diverse community enriches learning for the next generation of global citizens. We recognize and respect all areas of diversity including, but not limited to: cultures, socioeconomic background, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, abilities/disabilities, religion, and life experience.