Tuition for SUMaC is:
Please note that online courses may require the purchase of additional materials such as course readers or textbooks. These materials are not included in the program tuition and will not exceed $100.
The tuition at Stanford University Mathematics Camp covers the following listed below. Please note that tuition does not include airfare, incidental purchases, computers, clothes, school supplies, or toiletries.
- Housing & Meals
Participants are housed in supervised Stanford residences. Tuition includes meals in Stanford dining halls at no additional charge. Participants receive linens and towels as part of their housing.
- Instruction & Course Materials
The necessary supplies for each of our courses and activities will be provided. This includes transportation and fees for academic field trips. Participants are expected to provide their own computers during the program.
- Field Trips
Field trips to exciting cultural attractions in the San Francisco Bay Area are scheduled during the weekends.
- Transportation Between Stanford & SFO
Transportation between Stanford University and the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) at select times on arrival and departure days is available.
Who Should Apply
When to Apply
Financial Aid Application Instructions
- Fill out and submit the School and Student Services (SSS) Parents’ Financial Statement Online (PFS). The Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies school code is 200189.
- Submit copies of all required documents: your 2021 tax returns and W2 forms as well as any other relevant financial information, including supporting tax schedules such as the Schedule SE for Self-Employment Tax.
- International families applying for financial aid must complete and submit the SSS International Student Financial Aid Profile form, and upload any government tax forms they have for the current year and prior year to their SSS application. Further details about submitting the International Student Financial Aid Profile form can be found on the SSS website. The completed form will need to be uploaded as "Other Document."
- Please note in the Additional Information question which program you are applying for admission to.
- Please note the following when completing your submission:
- After completing your SSS application, you will need to wait one business day before you can upload required or supporting documents.
- The Financial Aid Committee requires that you submit all required documents directly on the SSS application website. Please note that any financial aid submission that is not uploaded directly on the SSS website may take additional time to process.
- You are required to block out or redact Social Security numbers anywhere they appear in your tax returns or other financial documents before uploading them to the SSS application website.
- All documents must be submitted in a PDF or JPG format. Note that files cannot be larger than 500K. For help formatting documents for uploading, reference the tips provided on the SSS website.
SSS has many helpful guides and webinars to aid families in their financial aid application process. A few guides are attached below and more resources can be found at the SSS website here.
- SSS Step-by-Step Guide
A general introduction to financial aid
2023–2024 SSS Step-by-Step Guide
- Quickstart Guide to Applying for Financial Aid
A quick guide to preparing and submitting the financial aid application
2023–2024 How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Parents’ Financial Statement Workbook
A line-by-line guide for successfully completing the Parents’ Financial Statement Online (PFS)
- 2023–2024 PFS Workbook
- 2023-2024 US Tax Form Primer for Parents
- 2023-2024 Tips for International Applicants
Questions Regarding SSS Submissions
All questions regarding the SSS application should be directed to the SSS help desk.
- If you are calling from within the United States, dial 800-344-8328.
- If you are calling from outside of the United States or Canada, dial 952-967-9922.
Problems Uploading Documents
If you are unable to upload documents directly on the SSS web site, you can submit them to SSS by mail after you have completed and submitted your PFS. Just log into the SSS Family Portal and click on the “My Documents” tab in the upper right corner. Click the “Print Cover Sheet” link on that page to print your SSS customized cover sheet. Make sure to mail your documents at least 10 days before the financial aid application deadline.
Being here has changed my life because it made me realize that no matter what my background is that I can make it, and that I can become what I want to be, I can make it to Stanford someday or some other school and do something amazing regardless of where I come from. And that's really changed me and inspired me.